13 June, 2010

Oryx and Crake

It's been a long road that I've travelled this week.  My husband's grandmother passed - don't be sorry though - I'd spoken to the women three times in my life and she was nasty and bitter.  My husband wasn't too close to her either.  We went to the funeral in New Jersey on Friday and that was that. 

In other, less depressing news, I'm more than halfway through my next book for my Graduate class, Writing After the End.  All of the literature in this course is Post-Apocalypse/Post-Collapse themed.  It's a bit depressing but still eye opening.  For this unit we were able to choose from three novels The Road by Cormac McCarthy, Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler and Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.  I chose the last novel and boy is it frightening.  I've even made a liner note for myself: "If this is our future, I want out now!" If anyone needs a good summer read or inspiraton to be green, please read this book.  There is a sequel that came out last year, The Year of the Flood, which I plan on reading once I'm done with this book.  It's dark, but I'm realling enjoying it.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected