26 August, 2012

Night One: Rite of Wind - Choosing my Signature Plant

Daily Affirmation: 

I am always connected to Spirit.  Spirit fills my every need and my every desire.  I know that Spirit lives within me.  - Silver Ravenwolf
The first night of my journey works with the wind.  I have opened all my windows to clean out the stale air and any foulness (smells or energy).  I have had my Nag Champa burning all day as it is my husband and my favorite incense.  I have even been airing out my car.  It is interesting that my journey begins with the element of air as it has never been the element I work best with.  However, I know that it will help push me to work harder with my changes as I need the wind to keep propelling me forward.

Part of my task for today, before my ritual this evening, is to choose a Signature Plant.  It will be one that I grow in my own garden and connect with always.  I had an idea of what the plant should be for, but it took me a few hours today to really come to a final conclusion about which one I should use.  And, in true Willow style, I choose one of the most expensive herbs in the world: Saffron


From the Herb Grimoire:

Saffron: Aphrodisiac, love, healing, happiness, wind raising, lust and strength. Burn, wear, or carry for healing and strengthening psychic awareness. Commonly used in love magick, healing spells, and to control the weather. Wash hands with water and saffron or keep saffron sachets in your home to bring happiness.
I think this is exactly the herb I need to keep around.  Part of my journey is to heal old wounds and close doors on my past, otherwise, it is going to keep disrupting my life and never let me move forward.  I need happiness in my life.  I want to be able to smile and mean it.  So, I ordered bulbs from a local nursery.  Apparently saffron grows during the months of September and October.  I am planting a bit late, but I might be able to get some plants to grow this year.  If not, there is always next year.

I want to move forward.  It always works.  Always a blessing.

Blessed be.


 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was very pleased to discover this web
site. I need to to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!
! I definitely enjoyed every part of it and i also have you book-marked to look at new
stuff in your site.

Also visit my web blog; what is potassium iodide

wiccana said...

Love your Blog!! so I decided to follow you and also you got a nomination by me---with the Verstatile Blogger Award!! Check it out on my blog!!!
xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected