21 July, 2010

Witchcraft Wednesday

Lughnassad (also known as Lammas) is fast approaching and for those of you who are celebrating, now is a good time to start preparing, even if it's just in small ways.

Lughnassad marks the beginning of the fall harvest or the day when the first grain is cut.  This Sabbat gets is name from the Celtic God Lugh, who is both king of the Gods and is associated with the Sun, magick, art, strength, courage and music.

As fall approaches, the God begins to lose his strength.  However, the Goddess is already carrying the God and he will be born again at Yule.  Even though the sun is dwindling, we celebrate the plentiful harvest that arrives with this time of year.  Lughnassad is the bread festival.  Decorate your altar with grains and fruits and vegetables of the harvest.  Bake homemade bread with your seeds you planted at Ostara.  Your intentions grew within those seeds and now you can put them within you and make them possible.  Now those intentions can grow within you.

Lammas Bread Recipe
This is a link to a wonderful Lammas bread recipe.  Some of the others that I've tried are too doughy and don't taste as good.  However, it does take four days to make.  So, if you want a project, this is the recipe for you.

If not, try this one.  It's much easier and uses pre-made ingredients.  I don't like to use it because I like using things I've grown.  I might have to use it this year because I have no grains in my garden. 

2 comments:

C said...

Sounds familiar :) your not he only one hun my mind space not been great either lately ;)its good to see you back ive added your button ;) x x

The Traveler said...

I wish I was adventurous enough to bake bread. The whole yeast thing still makes me nervous. I have a few too many "Lucy" moments to take food that grows in size lightly, lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected