Every year, on the day after Thanksgiving, my family drags the holiday decorations out of the attic and starts putting them up. However, for the past few years, the task of putting up our three trees (Christmas trees to them, Yule Tree to me), has fallen on my shoulders. I'm not sure why it's happened but it seems like I'm the only one that gets giddy with the merry feelings of the season. I'd like to share with you some of items from my Grimore that I do during Yule besides putting up three trees.
- Keep a bowl of warm water with cranberries and orange zest on your hearth.
- Keep Holly for the Goddess and Mistletoe for the God on your altar
- Meditate starting on the first of December, picturing the light coming back into our lives. Using incense scented with bayberry, frankincense, myrrh or cinnamon always helps me focus.
- Share stories/myths about the Solstice with family and/or friends.
- Decorate your home with loved ones - don't be like me, doing it alone.