17 February, 2010

Retro Cooking Month - Pantry Essentials

I will break this down similar to Mrs. B's post: Pantry, Freezer, Fridge



The Pantry
  • Multi-Grain Pastas
  • Brown Rice and Wild Rices (try to have both instant and regular rice)
  • Egg Noodles
  • Multi-Grain Bread
  • Bread Crumbs (I try to make my own, but I keep a box of pre-made multi-grain bread crumbs around)
  • Canned Tuna - I <3 Tuna.  I lived on it in college and I could live on it again!
  • Low Sodium and Low-Fat Soups and Broths
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Olive Oil
  • Canned Crushed Tomatoes and Tomato Paste
  • Good Cooking Wine
  • Wesson Oil
  • Bisquick
  • Dried Herbs - Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Rosemary are the staples in many of my recipies
  • Mrs. Dash
  • Garlic Powder
  • Honey
  • Variety of Mustards - Can be used as dressings/marinades/etc.
  • Smart Balance Peanut Butter - Of all the low-fat. organic peanut butters, this is the one that tastes "normal" for me
  • Nutella
  • Fresh Garlic and Onions

The Fridge
  • Eggs
  • Skim Milk
  • Parmigiano-Reggiano (Fresh Block)
  • Deli Meats - Turkey, Ham and American Cheese are always in the Deli Meat drawer
  • Plain Low-Fat Yogurt (I'm not a fan of Greek Yogurt)
  • Romaine Lettuce Heads
  • Hummas
  • Carrots
  • Red Bell Peppers
  • Bags of Spinach

The Freezer
  • Frozen Homemade Pasta Sauce -  I always make more than I need when I make sauce, so I freeze the extra
  • Chicken Cutlets, Steaks, Salmon, Pork Cutlets (I have a vacuum sealer - Best Purchase ever!)
  • Frozen Berries
  • Frozen Veggies (Stir Fry Veggies, Broccoli, Mixed Veggies, Artichoke Hearts)


I know there are some that are missing, but since my husband and I moved in with my parents, I can't seem to remember what I kept in my kitchen!  Oh, well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected