09 May, 2010

Kitchen Witch Questionnaire

Witchin' in the Kitchen posted a questionnaire about kitchen witchery and since I've been so busy writing my twenty page Grad school paper, I thought it would be a good blog post.  My brain is still in education/literature review mode, so I've been a bit lacking in my ideas for posts the past few days, hence my four day absence (sorry!). 

1. Does your magical name have anything to do with the kitchen, foods or herbs?
No, but it is a tree.
2. What do you think are the three most important tools for a kitchen witch?
A good cast iron pot (dutch oven), a mortar and pestal, and most importantly, patience.  Without that, none of your spells will come out right.
3. What do you do to make the kitchen the center of the home? Is it decorated in any special way? Do you have a kitchen altar?
Growing up, the kitchen was always where our family met for meals, to do homework or to just talk.  My mother (a Catholic with witchy tendencies - she'll deny it though) always thought that the family should eat together at least once during the day, so the kitchen has always been the heart of our home.  I don't currently have a kitchen altar because my husband and I are living with my parents.  However, I do have a plan for one when we purchase our first home together, hopefully next summer.
4. Which kitchen deity/deities, if any, do you feel closest to? How do you honor him/her/them?
I've always felt very close to Brigid.  I will often think of her when I'm preparing a kitchen spell or just a family dish.
5. What is your signature dish? Does it have a magical purpose? You can share the recipe unless it’s a secret.
Our family pasta sauce.  When I'm making it, I put my love and intentions into it.  The smell is a reminder of family and warmth.  I'd share the recipe if I were allowed, but alas, family secrets must stay secret.
6. What are your favorite cookbooks? They can be magical or non-magical.
Julia Child's Kitchen Wisdom, The Green Wiccan Herbal, Scott Cunningham's Magical Herbalism, Any South Beach Cookbook, and Witch in the Kitchen.
7. What is your favorite food?
I love too many types of foods to list them all here.  However, I do have a soft spot in my heart for Sushi.  I LOVE sushi.
8. What is your least favorite?
I'll try anything once, but no matter how many times I've tried mushrooms, I still don't like them. 
9. Do you like to listen to the television or listen to music while you are in the kitchen? If so, what?
I do a little of both, but it depends on the time of day or who is with me.  If I'm cooking alone I do tend to watch TV (especially if General Hospital is on!) but if my husband is helping me, we'll choose some mood music.  When we lived on our own, we listened to a lot of music when we cooked.  There was a lot of Tori Amos and Soundgarden (they're his favorite) if I do remember correctly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected