03 May, 2010

Post-Beltane Reflections

This past Saturday I attended my first (large) Pagan group gathering.  A friend of mine was selling her wares at the craft/show portion of the gathering.  I unfortunately did not get to dance around the maypole because I had to proctor the SATs that morning.  Perhaps next year.  I was excited to feel such positive energy from the majority of the people there and I did not really know any of them beyond my small group of friends.

The ritual was wonderful.  Janet and Stewart Farrar, author's of the Witches' Bible, acted as High Priest and Priestess.  I could not of asked for a better Beltane gift.  Now, I did not get as emotional during the ritual as many of the other women there, as I have no interest in conceiving ever anytime in the near future.  I felt the magically energy around me during the ritual, but I could barely hear Janet or Stewart speaking.  Maybe it was because I was directly behind the drums or maybe it was for another reason (I wasn't meant to hear it).  I'm not sure if it was just the drums because my friends were also right behind them and could hear perfectly.  I'm more of the mind that I'm not ready to hear the words of a fertility ritual yet.  Let's just say, I wasn't rubbing the maypole for any reason.  I danced around it, but I dare not touch it.


I hope everyone had an amazing Beltane.  I'm still reeling from all the energy sprang from such a large group.  I never knew magic could feel that powerful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected